Superfood Vegan Cheesecake
Light, fresh, and delicate, this raw cheesecake melts in your mouth. The added Sea Moss makes this decadent and creamy, and yet is packed with vitamins and minerals, and is ready in no time.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
- 2 cups / 300g raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1/2 cup / 110g coconut milk use homemade for the raw version or full fat for the vegan one
- 2 tbsp Irish Sea Moss Gel
- 2 tbsp organic raw honey or raw agave nectar for the strict vegans
- 1 cup / 100g blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup / 175g dry pitted dates soaked overnight
- 1/2 / 70g cup raw almonds
- Line a round 6" pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the crust first - place the dry pitted dates and almonds in the food processor and pulse to obtain a sticky mixture.
- Spread the mixture into the pan and press it to evenly arrange.
- Drain the cashews and place them in the food processor along with the lemon juice, coconut milk, Moss gel and raw honey.
- Process to obtain a smooth cream.
- Pour the cashew mixture in the pan on top of the crust, and spread evenly.
- Place the blueberries (optional - add a teaspoon of honey or agave nectar) in the food processor and pulse to obtain a puree.
- Top the cheesecake with the puree, cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- For serving, let it stay at the room temperature for 15 mins until it can be cut easily.