Raw Fig and Walnut Brownies
200g dried figs
200g pitted dates
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp Suave Moss
3 tbsp cacao powder
A pinch of salt
50g dark chocolate
30ml almond milk
15ml maple syrup
To top: crushed nuts, freeze-dried raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and add the walnuts to a tray. Roast for 10 minutes, shaking halfway through then allow to cool fully.
- Meanwhile, add the dried figs and pitted dates to a bowl and cover with boiling water. All to soak for 10 minutes and then drain.
- Add the walnuts to a food processor and blitz to form a fine crumble, some lumps are OK. Remove the nuts from the food processor and add the drained figs and dates. Blend until jammy and sticky before adding in the vanilla and Suave Moss. Blend again to mix.
- Add the crumbled walnuts, cacao powder and a pinch salt to the fig mixture and pulse until incorporated. Press down into a lined dish (18cm square) and freeze for 1 hour to set.
- Make the chocolate ganache: melt the chocolate and stir in the almond milk and syrup. Stir until smooth and creamy. Leave to cool slightly and thicken.
- Chop the brownies into 16 bars and top with the ganache, a sprinkling of nuts and freeze-dried raspberries. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.